Fun Science toys to make at home
One fun science toy to make at home is slime. It might look nasty and feel gross but it doesn't stick or stain so you can remove it easily.
Slime is a fun science toy to make at home to gain hands-on experience with polymer or just hands-on experience with this gooey ooze.
Here's a basic fluffy slime recipe that your kid to do at home.
This is just a simple recipe that could be customized to make various forms of fluffy slime. If you add more water, it becomes wetter and stretchier slime with bits of polystyrene beads to make popping slime with glitter.
To make the slime, you'll need shampoo of any type but it would be better if it's thicker, and cornstarch.
Here's how to make your slime.
- Mix 1/2 cup shampoo and 1/4 cup of cornstarch in a bowl.
- Mix them well
- Add 3 drops of food coloring
- Add 1 tablespoon of water and stir it
- Slowly add 5 more tablespoons of water, stirring well after each one.
- Knead the slime for about 5 minutes.
- If you find the slime is still sticky after kneading it for a while, keep adding cornstarch to the slime and knead it in until you get a very good consistency.
- Your slime should end semi-hard, semi-stretchy, moist, light, and almost dough-like
Make your own science toys
One of the common science toys is a lava toy. Make science toys with ordinary household materials and in only a few minutes, you'll be ready to use it!
You'll need the following materials:
- A clean plastic bottle, try to use one with smooth sides
- Vegetable Oil, Mineral or Baby Oil
- Fizzing tablets such as Alka Seltzer
- Food Coloring
This scientific toys for girls and boys are done by using these steps.
- Fill the bottle up about 1 quarter of the water
- Pour the vegetable oil in the bottle until it is almost full. You may want to use a funnel and you need to wait a couple of minutes for the oil and water to separate.
- Add a few drops of your chosen food coloring. Watch as the color merge through the oil
- Break your fizzy tablet in half and drop part of it into the bottle. It would become t bubbly now.
- You can even get a flashlight and turn on the lights and then drop in another half tablet. The flashlight would light-up through the lava lamp while the blobs are bubbling!
Get more educational toys for teens and kids at:
|Copyright © HappyGiftsForKids 2021. All Rights Reserved.||Powered by Echofavor|