Amazon Holiday Toy List
Cheap Discount Toys Online (Valid until Friday 10/08/2021)
Is kinetic sand non toxic?
Kinetic sand is an amazing material for fun and play but you may be concerned whether it is toxic or not. Handling Kinetic sand won’t cause toxicity but ingesting it can cause problems especially if it is swallowed in huge amounts.
The fundamental principle of Toxicology is this:
“All things are poison, and nothing is without poison, the dosage alone makes it so a thing is not a poison.”
It basically means that everything on the planet is toxic at a certain dose. Some things are toxic at low levels and some at high. For example, even water can cause death if taken in extremely high doses. Similarly, materials as innocuous as sugar and salt are toxic above a certain dose. In principle, every material has a threshold level above which, it is toxic.
Although kinetic sand is non-toxic, eating large quantities of it can be dangerous which is exactly why small children should not be allowed to play with the sand unsupervised.
The very properties that make the sand so much fun to mold and touch is the same reason why ingesting it could cause problems.
Large amounts of the sand could become stuck in the bowels because the movement of the bowels will simply mold and form the sand rather than move it.
While consuming small amounts of sand will not cause harm, removing large amounts of kinetic sand from the bowel may require extreme methods such as surgery.
⭐ Kinetic Sand, Folding Sand Box with 2 Pounds of Kinetic Sand
Bring sandbox fun home with the Kinetic Sand Folding Sand Box! Kids use the magical, moldable sand inside this set to make endless creations! With 2 lbs. of sand and an extra-large play space, kids have enough room and freedom to express their creativity! Easy to clean and store, this set is a great way for kids to have hands-on fun.
|Copyright © HappyGiftsForKids 2021. All Rights Reserved.||Powered by Echofavor|