Can kinetic sand kill dogs?
We treat and love our dogs like our family. They give joy and warmth to our days. Dogs, by nature, love to stroll around and pick on just anything. Some dogs like eating sand at the beach, but they are fine. But what if dogs eat kinetic sand? Would it kill them?
Kinetic sand is non-toxic and is safe for kids and dogs. If eaten, a small amount would be tolerable and insignificant. Still, a larger amount of it ingested might need attention and monitoring for your dog for the manifestation of gastric or intestinal obstruction, distended or bloated stomach, lack of bowel movement, vomiting, refusal to eat/lack of appetite, and severe constipation.
Kinetic sand would not kill your dog but any of these symptoms showing, you need to bring your dog to the veterinary just to be sure.
It could be dangerous to dogs in the sense that kinetic sand contains a binding agent that keeps it from breaking apart in the gastrointestinal system. It is not toxic, but it is very likely to cause some discomfort in your dog if its intake is in a large quantity.
What should you do if your dog ate kinetic sand?
Your dog eating a large amount of kinetic sand could cause some obstruction, while a small amount shouldn't hurt. As soon as you find out that your dog ate kinetic sand, call your vet to ask for some advice and help.
Check your dog's stool for the next 24-48 hours to see the traces of kinetic sand. You could feed your dog with food with more fiber to help pass the sand faster. Don't induce your dog to vomit. Consult your vet if you could give mineral oil to your dog and in how much dosage. It would help your dog induce the sand faster but might cause diarrhea.
While kinetic sand won't poison, it can cause constipation. In severe cases, it possible for kinetic sand to cause a gastrointestinal obstruction in dogs.
The kinetic sand should pass in a bowel movement so expect a change in the color of your dog's bowel movement.
Kinetic sand is a fun and moldable sensory toy. It is made of ultra-fine grain sand combined with dimethicone, and it won't poison a kid or a dog. It's more hazardous as a choking hazard, so always be there to supervise your kid when playing and also your dog. Make sure your dog won't have any access or chance to go near kinetic sand.
Although it would not kill your dog, your dog should never have or take a chance on it.
You can find kinetic sand at Amazon.
|Copyright © HappyGiftsForKids 2021. All Rights Reserved.||Powered by Echofavor|