Which Exploding Kittens Expansion is the best?
The original Exploding Kittens came out in 2015. After that, the party pack came out, and Exploding Kittens NSFW Edition. You could choose the best standalone pack that you'll be happy about.
The NSFW Edition is geared towards the adult population. To add, the party pack is your best option if you want to play with up to 10 people.
There are also Expansion packs that came out to add to the standalone decks. Here are the Expansion packs and the best Expansion of them all.
It might be widely available now, but the hidden pack was a collaboration between Cards Against Humanity and Exploding Kittens and could be found at Target locations by looking in the display cardboard that was set-up at the time.
It only contains 1 card that was released with this pack called the Blind Bat card. This pack came with the party pack back as well as the original card back so they could be used for both versions of the game.
This card served as the precursor to the Curse of Cat Butt released in a later set and seemed to be the least favored card created for the game by its creators and some of the loyal Exploding Kittens fans because they feel it adds complexity to the game.Where to buy:
Streaking Kittens is the second expansion set that was released in the curse of Cat Butt as well as for other cards for the game. The backs to the cards are solely designed for the main version of the game only.
This set includes some new cards that are enjoyable to play, but it's rated lower due to the Curse of Cat Butt. If cards need to be pulled out of the expansion to keep the game less confusing and maintain the fun, then there is an issue.
You could enjoy the Cataomic Bomb, where all the exploding kittens are taken out of the deck and then placed in one location together on the deck. It adds more cards to strategize since you could pick the draw from the bottom, and it' has the Super Skip card in this expansion.
Streaking Kittens is still a good expansion with the cards that it offers but I'll reserve getting the best expansion pack first.
Where to buy:
The Barking Kittens is the third expansion pack that's a step-up from Streaking Kittens as it offers more fun and has simpler yet very effective new mechanics that would allow the players to play on other player's turns by using the Now feature.
This resembles a Nope card in which you can play it on another player's turn; however, it would not require some other card to be first played by another player.
There are attack cards in this pack that would allow for attacks to continue to pile up. This is very useful to make cards like the super skip more valuable, as well you could hold on to them while waiting for the right combo.
With it, you'll get to see more kittens in the game that could be welcoming aside from just using your defuse card or exploding players.
Where to buy:
The best expansion pack
The best expansion pack is the first one that came out in the market, which is the Imploding Kittens. It has 20 new cards on it and a human-sized Cone of Shame. The first player to forget whose turn comes next will become a human direction indicator and must wear the Cone of Shame for the rest of the game.
By adding this expansion pack would expand your core deck from 5 to 6 players. This is the best because it gives players the imploding kitten, which is an exploding kitten that starts off face down in the deck as an imploding kitten, but once it's drawn, it would be placed back in the deck face up and cannot be defused.
There's an ultimate doom card, alter the future cards, and targeted attacks cards that make the game more exciting and refreshing. It also expanded the game that could accommodate one more player, thus making it up to 6 players.
The function of the cone of shame is to help the player who was penalized for wearing it to remember the direction of play as there is another new card time called reverse that simply reverses the order of play.
The new cards are simpler but more effective as it adds more novelty to the game. Here are their more specific functions:
- Alter the Future card- where you cannot only peek at the cards but also switch the first three cards.
- Reverse card- where you could reverse the order of play
- Draw from the Bottom card - where you do exactly what it says, and it is useful when you know someone is out to get you
- Target Attack card- which is played like an attack, but you get to choose the player you wish to attack
- Feral cat card- which is like a wild card for cat cards, and it would truly change the course of the game
- Imploding kitten- which cannot be diffused! The addition of this card also allows for 6 players instead of the old maximum of 5.
- Cone of Shame - for the first person to forget which player's turn is next
This expansion is pretty much a necessity, most especially if you often play with a group.
- Strategic options are increased with these new cards, such as drawing from the bottom if you know an exploding/imploding kitten is at the top of the deck
- You have the option to incorporate all the new expansion cards in this game or only some, and that choice will affect gameplay.
- You could switch directions when something bad comes your way
- You could attack specific players who are doing better than you and put some more thought into the outcome
- You could put the imploding kitten at the top even though you know the next player probably has a skip, shuffle, take from a bottom card, or target attack
- The extra action cards would increase your strategy for stealing other cards or make room for you to create a combination of cards to take from the discard deck
- You will have many new combinations of gameplay
- There is more fun due to the new cards.
- There are target attack cards as turn order may change as a result and more my forget turn order, and there's a huge chance of having an opponent to wear the cone of shame
- The cards are hilarious, and they kept the silliness of the game
- It adds to the replayability of the game
- The expansion pack has a different kind of red that while you are playing, you can notice who has new or old cards that somehow affects the game, but I think the newer printed cards are now uniform in color
Where to buy:
Expansion packs offer longer gameplay plus more strategic options. The artwork remains true and consistent to the theme regardless if it's a standalone deck or an expansion pack.
Exploding Kittens truly offers new and exciting ways to have lots of fun among friends and family. Just real fun with lots of laughter along the way.
|Copyright © HappyGiftsForKids 2021. All Rights Reserved.||Powered by Echofavor|