Polymer ball recipe
When you mix the borax and the glue, the chemical reaction would form long-chain molecules called polymers. The bouncy balls that are available in the market are made of rubber, another material that is also made up of polymers. When a bouncy ball is stretched, these polymer chains would uncoil and straighten up.
This is a polymer ball recipe. You’ll be needing all these materials:
• Borax that’s found in the laundry section
• White glue
• Warm water
• Optional food coloring
• Measuring spoons
• Spoon or craft stick to stir the mixture
• 2 small plastic cups or other containers to mix
• Marking pen
• Zip-top plastic bag
The procedure makes bouncing polymer balls by just follow these steps:
• Label one cup with Borax Solution and the other one with Ball Mixture
• Pour 2 tablespoons of warm water and 1/2 teaspoon of borax powder into the cup that says Borax Solution. Then, stir the mixture to dissolve the borax completely.
• Add food coloring if you wish so
• Pour 1 tablespoon of glue into the cup with the Ball Mixture label
• Next, add 1/2 teaspoon of the borax solution you just made and 1 tablespoon of cornstarch. Do not stir
• Allow the ingredients to incorporate on their own for about 10-15 seconds and then stir them together to completely mix
• Once the mixture becomes impossible to stir, you need to take it out of the cup and start molding the ball with your hands
• The ball would start to be sticky and messy but would soon solidify as you knead it along
• Try to bounce it.as the ball turns less sticky
• You could store your plastic ball in a sealed bag when your kid is done playing with it
• Don't ever dare to eat the materials used to make the ball or the ball itself as it’s strongly prohibited to do so
This Make Your Own Bouncy ball kit would let you Combine colors, pour the powders into the mold, soak them in water, and have a real bouncy ball. Mix the bright colors and create incredible patterns with this awesome kit.
It has an innovative bouncy formula and clear instructions that will ensure only the bounciest balls every time!This cool bouncy ball kit includes12 individual bouncy-ball-making kits that each comes with 2 bouncy powder bags in various colors, 1 mold, and instruction paper. Your kid could make 12 bouncy balls in 4 distinct shapes and 6 color choices.
A fun and engaging kit that would fascinate the children and will foster their love for science and paleontology excitingly.Pros:
- Kids will like how simple it is to make these
- A fun activity for a wide range of ages
- Easy cleanup for kids
- Kids would be amazed to see the balls bounce
- Great hit
- Not too messy
- So much fun making these
- They might lose their bounce only after a few days and become rock hard and useless.
|Copyright © HappyGiftsForKids 2021. All Rights Reserved.||Powered by Echofavor|